Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Last blog post - recommendation for book

I recommend 'The Present' written by Spencer Johnson. Students should study and need motivation to study. In that point, this book helped me during my adolescent period. When I was tired of studying or had a lack of motivation to study, this book reminded me of learning importance. Also, it not only encourages students to study, but it also advise them to be dilligence.

As the book title suggests, it can be two meaning. 'The Present' can mean a gift that you receive from somebody. However, 'The Present' also means 'right now.' It is between the past and the future. Therefore, the book put importance on the time, especially now. Through a person's story, this book emphasises on the valuable time.

I think this book will not be a burden to students because it contains short story which is just about 100 pages long with a big text size. Additionally, it teaches students a life lesson about managing the time.

After I read the Emerging Scholar's website, I feel the students need some motivation to study and learn how to manage the valuable time. I believe that 'The Present' will help them to go to college and get a degree.

No comments:

Post a Comment